Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy Wax Monster Candy

photo by earthboundtimelord
This photo makes my ridiculously happy. As an October baby growing up in the mid-70s, Halloween was always a huge deal for me. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown was way cooler than Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (who didn't have a crush on Miss Jessica), especially if it aired on my birthday.

Having kids allows you to rediscover what makes holidays like Halloween fun--but, trying to explain things like cheap plastic Halloween masks and candy that just doesn't exist anymore can make you feel old. One thing I have had trouble digging up information about was Monster Wax Bottle Candy. Made just like Nik-L-Nips, these monster shaped bottles contained a sweet syrup that you could suck out of them, and then you could chew the wax like gum. I never chewed the wax myself as I liked the monsters way too much. I have looked all over the internet for any info I could find on these over the years, and the most I could find were a couple of forum postings, but no details, until I stumbled across these pictures. Aren't they beautiful?

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2011 Translated Memories
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Wordpress by WPThemescreator